Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Idol Thoughts...

I'm thinking I like the boys better this year.

Girls:
Amanda creeps me out!!!! that hair and those pants last night!!! uggg - horrible
Kady cracks me up with her Briteny impersonations - she's quite good at that - but she's not one of my favorite singers
Brooke and her guitar....hmmm... not sure yet on her - not into that Carly Simon type
Kristy Lee - want to hear her sing some country.. I think that is probably her thing
Carly is good - but tired of all the hype - we'll see
the rest of the girls... well - just average I guess - nothing special to me

Guys:
Michael Johns!!!! - didn't do so well last night - but I really like him - he's a pro and comes across as best on stage to me (love the accent too!)
David Arch. - well he's gonna win so they might as well end it now - but he is quite awsome - although you can tell he's 17 most of the time which can get annoying
David Cook - EWWW - the hair....ewwww. and the first week he just looked like he needed a bath!
Danny - OMG - Hank and I cringe every time he's on screen - I don't have enough time to tell you all I think of him - just gross - but he can sing - but not as good as some others.
Chikezie - yep he's doing the Ruben thing - but not quite as good as Ruben in my opinion - but I like him
Jason C. - hmmm. John Travolta with dreads....maybe....he's not a favorite thus far
Jason Y. - just plain cheesy - don't know why he's there
Luke - well he's cute - but not so good a singer - and yes Ryan - he does look like Dawson (of Dawson's Creek if anyone remembers that show)
David Hernandez - I know David Arch. will beat him - but he's my own fav. I'm pulling for him to get better and better
I know he's off now - but that Garrett kid (Leaf Garrett look-a-like) - poor kid - needs the sunshine or something!
other thoughts....
The judges (ALL 3 OF THEM!!!) are driving me nuts this year. So far I don't think anything they've said has made any sense at all....Simon is crankier than ever and Paula - well I like her better when she's "altered" - she actually said she wanted to dangle one of the guys from her rear-view mirror and squish him - I get what she meant - but that's just plain weird....Randy says something accurate once in a while - but mostly same ole Randy - dawg!! -

Oh and have you noticed that at the end Ryan doesn't thank Simon as a judge - and then they show Simon rolling his eyes - this bit is getting old and is just silly

So - that's my early opinions - maybe I'll post another blog when we get to top 12.

3 comments:

jenni said...

You boy david hernandez used to be a stripper..
If Idol does what they've done in the past.. he's gone...
Wonder if they'll bring the homeless kid back? :D

Tammy said...

oh not the kid who lived in the car... !!! although he was so strange to me - he would make for good tv. stripper huh... that is too funny. i bet they kick him off.. stay tuned I guess

Tammy said...

nooo - hank had a better idea.!!! bring back Kyle (the nerdy politician kid with the glasses). Now he's the kind of geek they need!