Saturday, December 29, 2007

Still in LSUiana

Some thoughts for today...

LSU - in case you have been living under a rock (if you live in this state at least) LSU is playing for the national title in a few days. Purple and Gold everywhere!!! Hank is about to throw up - but he'll just have to get over it I guess. Yes - we did get Jacob a t-shirt (I insisted) to support the home state :)

My parent's house - yes it's on piers - but most houses around here are. We plan to take some pics tomorrow of the swamp that surrounds it when it rains. There are crawfish/rice fields all around it and the ground in these parts is mostly swampy so houses built like this are quite common, especially in the farm areas. Stay tuned for more pics.

Jacob - he's been having a blast running around with his Elmo slippers that he got for Christmas. Today, however, he puked twice. No fever - we just realized that the milk was on it's way to "bad" and I think he got some of it. So -he smells real nice and so does his room. PB&J I'm sure you can relate to the "smell"! He's better tonight and we hope it was just the milk and not some illness coming on.

Strawberry Date Cookies - not sure what "the big deal" is - all I know is they are yucky to me. Don't like dates and cloves!! that's my opinon on them. But, my dad, and two uncles (and now Jacob) seem to enjoy them. And yes, they eat 3 or 4 smushed together - Hank says that's how you should eat em :)

Me - having fun being lazy and cooking in mom's new kitchen. Love all the NEW appliances and gadgets she has gotten lately. We did some after-Christmas shopping last night and went out for steak. It was a good day :) I've enjoyed seeing my cousins and family here. hmmm. what else. oh - it was interesting to watch dad's old trailer get hauled off yesterday. Hank made a video for him of it all - that was the excitement for yesterday.

Cajun people - All I can say is that I so enjoy watching Hank try to understand when people talk around here. I know he's not getting 1/2 of what they say :) It's pretty funny to hear him try to immitate the accent - he's not so good with accents :) I translate daily for him.

Hank - Hank and my dad sang 2 songs last Sunday and Hank is singing a solo tomorrow.

Stay tuned for a blog from Hank later today I guess. That's it from me!

5 comments:

Tuba, or not tuba ... that is the question said...

For the record, I am officially rooting for ALL SEC schools, including LSU, UGA, Arkansas, and especially KENTUCKY (beat Florida State!)!!!!!!!!!!

Laura said...

Thanks for the update, Tammy - it's good to hear what's going on.

Karen L. Reese said...

Strawberry date cookies......your Uncle Bill will join in as the list of people who absolutely LOVES those cookies. :D I like 'em too, but I don't know that I'd eat tons at a time. But then, I'm a big clove fan, so anything with cloves and all (like pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, etc.) has gotta be good. :D Sounds like you guys are having fun -- and that makes perfect sense about the piers -- kinda cool, really, to be able to live above the swamp like that. Hope the pukeys were just from milk....

jenni said...

Karen is never going to want to be around our kids with the Puking-fest Christmas 07 --- you know, she gags just at the thought of puke... teeheehee.
I wonder how she would react if she was actually puked on - oh wait - that happened...
- Thanks for the recipe pages! I had to use the Rum Cake one already b/c i destroyed my original last time.. And I made it with Chocolate pudding b/c that's all i had -- STICK WITH THE ORIGINAL VERSION - no need to mess with a perfectly good recipe.

Karen L. Reese said...

Hey now......no tellin' tales on me.....

Speaking of puke....and tales.....NEVER feed your husband frog legs.....

*chuckle*