Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

We made it back safely from Louisiana on Wednesday evening. We didn't drive through the night coming back. Instead we left around 4:45 am and it actually worked out fine. We stopped a few times and Jacob slept more than he did driving through the night. Since being back home, there have been piles of mail to go through, banking, laundry, groceries, etc. Whew....We did use up one of our gift cards last night for dinner. We just go a new Chili's in town so we tried it out.

Other stuff.....We officially own Hank's car now. We got the title in the mail yesterday:) One car note now YAY! I am putting Jacob in a "Wednesday Morning Out" program next week. He'll go to the Methodist church every Wednesday from 9-1. I think he will have fun with the other kids and it will give me a break once a week.

Oh!! While we were in Louisiana, my mom gave me my Aunt's sewing machine. My Aunt Becky and her family were Katrina refugees for about two months. They lived with my parents during that time. For some reason Aunt Becky got a new sewing machine but never used it. So, mom said it should be put to use so I have a brand new Singer to learn. I can't wait to use it. Hopefully I can self-teach myself.

Looking forward to this year. We plan to find a house this summer. We also plan to try and visit Aunt Phyllis in PA. We might travel there for Spring Break. We also have the annual band trip. This year we are going to Gatlinburg, TN. Should be fun. And Jacob will be 2 years old in 4 months!!! I can't believe it. He sure is growing fast.

Until next time!

1 comments:

Laura said...

Gatlinburg's only 2.5 hours from us!! Maybe we'll come see you!