Monday, December 17, 2007

ooops!

Since tomorrow is Hank's birthday - I thought I'd better get his cake made. I was so excited. Had this great from scratch chocolate cake recipe with chocolate icing - just as requested. I have never made a 3 layer cake before, so it was a challenge baking all three layers in our oven. They came out very uneven. But - I watch enough Food Network to know that you should "level" your cake. Tried to level the bottom layer and it was a disaster - so I decided it would be fun to just leave it all lumpy and hilly. Well........After I was done, I headed for the couch to relax. Came back into the kitchen some time later to find this.....

but then I "fixed" it with wooden skewers

Hey... it's tastes great!!!!! Hank calls it the earthquake cake
Happy Birthday to Hank tomorrow!!

2 comments:

jenni said...

nice!

Karen L. Reese said...

*chuckle* I had that happen with a lemon cake once.....it was strange, because that had never happened to me before, and I was just surprised as heck when it happened. I still don't know the total cause, whether I tried to ice it too early or if the cake was just to soft, or what. It tasted great, though, which is the important part! :D Glad yours was too!