Friday, April 11, 2008

What a weird day...

For almost a year we have had NO neighbor upstairs. It's been awsome as the previous family was quite noisy. The past few days, we've been noticing that the noise was back and sure enough we have a new neighbor. Around lunchtime I looked outside and noticed this guy and a lady walking towards the stairs. I opened up the door and introduced myself. The guy was with his mom. His name is Shai (sp?) and he is from Israel. He seemed very nice and I didn't think any more about him.

Now the fun part....I went to the mall last night to stroll Jacob around and get out of the house. I'm cruising full speed ahead and when passing one of those carts in the middle isle, this guys says "Hi Tammy". I stopped - turned around - and sure enough it was my neighbor. He works for one of those stupid aggravating "dead sea mineral,, hand lotion, nail file, proactive" type products. Those guys drive me nuts!!!! You're trying to walk in the mall and browse, and they are just about ALL some foreign guy who barely speaks English getting in your face and begging you to try their product.!! (that's my experience at least)

So now if I want to avoid him, I have to cut through the Belk to get to the other side of the mall. So there's my day yesterday. It went well with Jacob and his meltdown day. He always has a "day" after we take a road trip. It's like all the extra tired he got on the trip finally catches up with him and he screamed like I was beating him silly about 5 different times yesterday. I'm sure the neighbor has called DEFAC already :/

So - how was your Thursday???

Oh- any new favoriste on Idol? I think I'm pulling for David Cook now. They fixed his hair so that's a good reason to vote for him now right? (giggle)

4 comments:

jenni said...

That's what you get for being friendly to neighbors!
Join the midwestern attitude and just look away...

Shocked that Michael Johns is gone.. imho it should've been ireland girl... but wdik?
I too like Cook -
My Prediction for Top 2 is David C and David A -- Listen to the audience when either get on stage..

Laura said...

oh no! a KIOSK worker knows your name!! glad you and Jacob can get out and about, though :)

Tammy said...

That would be a pretty cool finale. If talent wins, then it's Cook - but if the giggly tweens are a votin - then the kid will win.

Fluffy Bunny Slippers said...

Honestly? I'd just be up front with him and say, "Look, I am REALLY not interested in these products and try to keep my pace up in the mall to work on my fitness levels, so if I breeze by you, I'm not being rude, just focusing on my walking. We'll still be social around the house though!" Or something like that.

I guess I would just hate to see you have to go out of your way to not cross his path when a simple conversation can get it all out of the way, y'know? You have every right to walk that way WITHOUT being disturbed.

I would bet the reason a lot of those kiosk workers are foreign is because they're desperate for work and they're willing to do ANYTHING to get a job. Most of us "natives" are more picky about our work and would hate having to go after customers like that.

*shrug* Just a thought and perspective -- not meaning to hog your comments here.